Saturday, 22 August 2015

Stationery Haul


Hello!

The time of year has come where notebooks, pens, and highlighters have invaded the supermarket shelves to promote going back to school. This is arguably one of the most exciting times of the year for me, because I'm a bit of a stationery hoarder. I have an entire box dedicated to notebooks, and several pencil cases (because you need a new one every year, right?) stacked to the brim with various coloured pens.

So I thought I'd show you what I'll be taking to my classes this year!

I got a lot of stationery for my birthday, so the majority of the items I'm talking about were gifts from my lovely lovely parents and my friends. They know me so well!

My go-to notebooks for the past 3 years or so have been the Oxford Campus notebooks. While there's nothing wrong with picking up supermarket branded pads, I've just found that these notebooks have thick enough pages that the ink doesn't show up on the other side too. Plus, the pages are so smooth to write on! They also come in a variety of colours, which makes it easier for me to colour-code my subjects. My parents bought me these for my birthday, so this year I have a notebook + a project book per subject, which works out nicely for writing lecture notes and tutorial prep alongside dividing up revision notes.



Along with the A4 notebooks, I like to get a couple of A5 exercise books (the kind that you'd get at school) to keep track of grammar notes and verb conjugations in French or historical timelines for Ancient History. My friend Cara also got me a mini project book which I think will come in really handy for keeping on top of deadlines!



I also picked up some ringbinders and zipped folders to keep stray pieces of coursework in. I've found that the zipped folders are particularly useful to carry in my bag throughout the day, because my tutors have a tendency to never hole-punch anything, much to my frustration!




One thing that I lacked last year was a diary/planner of some sort, but this year Cara (that gal was so on it with the stationery gifts, for real) got me a really lovely Campus Diary so I can be even more organised than usual!



I actually didn't buy a new pencil case this year because I really like the one that I have now! (even if there's a massive orange highlighter stain from that time it leaked over everything - oh what fond memories) It's an Emma Bridgewater case that I got from John Lewis last year. (which I unfortunately can't find anywhere now! Sorry!)



I also got some absolutely adorable, non-uni notebooks from my parents and from my friend Georgina. They were just too cute to not show here!


The only thing I've still got to buy are some coloured pens. They're particularly handy for making corrections to work, or making certain elements of my notes stand out. They work better for me than highlighters, because I have a tendency to highlight ever single semi-important fact. (which usually means the entire page is highlighted and nothing stands out anymore!) My favourites are these ones from Paperchase, so I'll buy some of them during Fresher's Week.

What are you stationery essentials?

Speak soon!

Chloe x