Wednesday, 10 February 2016

Ferrero Rocher Cupcakes




Hello!

It was my beautiful mum's birthday at the end of January, so as part of her present I baked her some Ferrero Rocher cupcakes. She always makes the most incredible cakes for everybody else's birthday (see past examples in my Birthday Post from last year), so I thought it was about time somebody repaid the favour. Her all-time favourite sweet treats are Ferrero Rochers, so incorporating them into cupcakes seemed like the ultimate dessert.

I was a bit dubious about how it would work having a Ferrero Rocher inside a cupcake, but I followed this recipe which told me to freeze them overnight beforehand to stop them from melting when they're baked. Easy peasy.

This recipe makes 12 cupcakes, but if you fancy more than that (trust me, 12 is not enough!) then just double the ingredients for 24!



YOU WILL NEED:

1 cup plain flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cups vegetable oil
1/2 cup buttermilk (although I used regular milk and they still turned out wonderfully!
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
12 Ferrero Rocher (frozen)

You can follow the recipe linked above for a more detailed method, but basically all you do is mix your dry ingredients together, mix your wet ingredients together, then mix them all together! Then spoon a little mixture into each cupcake case, add a frozen Ferrero Rocher, and cover it with more mixture and bake at 175 degrees for 18 minutes or so.




I didn't make the Nutella icing that was suggested in the recipe as I thought it would be a little too overwhelming, but that's entirely up to you. They're quite crumbly cupcakes too so just be wary of that - have your napkins at the ready to savour every last bite!


Speak soon,

Chloe x