Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Joining the Lush Bandwagon: First Impressions



Hello!

Growing up, I've always had very sensitive skin. So many of the products I tried on my skin over the years - products that were supposed to soothe and help my sensitive and spot-prone skin - just broke me out even worse and left me with more spots and nasty red rashes than ever. Since then, I've been hesitant to try new things, sticking to my Simple Skincare instead.

But while Simple has been a trusted brand of mine for a while, I felt like it was time to branch out and see if I could find other products that could better nourish my skin and perhaps finally banish those pesky forehead spots!

I know a lot of people adore Lush products, and my lovely friend Cara got me a few bath bombs and bars for Christmas that I loved, so I thought it would be good to check out what else they had to offer.

I went for the most simple products, just in case my skin had an adverse reaction to any of the more scented goodies, so I bought Mask of Magnaminty, the Ultrabland cleanser, and two Butterball bath bombs.

MASK OF MAGNAMINTY



First up, this mask smells of toothpaste. Don't get me wrong - it's a very pleasant, fresh smell, but I've been smelling like a Colgate advert for a few hours now. It's super easy to apply, I just spread a thin layer over my forehead (I didn't want to try my whole face on the first try just in case I had a reaction to it), waited about 10 minutes and washed it off. It's actually a little bit more like a scrub because it's got these little beads of evening primrose seeds and aduki beans that exfoliate your skin as you wash the mask off, so maybe that contributes to the feeling of clarity afterwards. It doesn't feel like there's anything on your face when you're wearing it, and afterwards I noticed that my skin did look a lot less aggravated, and so so soft! I've had this nasty, angry looking spot in the middle of my forehead for about a week now, and immediately it looked soothed once I'd washed off the mask. Overall it seems gentle enough for my skin but still works hard to improve the appearance and texture! 8/10

ULTRABLAND CLEANSER


I've never tried a waxy/creamy cleanser like this, so I was a bit nervous about it making my skin over-oily. But it actually just left my skin feeling very smooth and clean. It also takes off a lot of makeup with just one swoop! Not a massive fan of the smell, but it seems to be working well so far so I can't complain. 7.5/10


BUTTERBALL BATH BOMB


Initially I wasn't a huge fan of the scent of this bath bomb, but after the smell lingering on my skin all day it's starting to grow on me. I had a very relaxing bath and my skin feels nice and moisturised, but I honestly don't see that much difference compared to other bath products I've used. But overall I enjoyed the experience! 7/10



What are your favourite Lush products?

Speak soon,

Chloe x