Wednesday, 24 February 2016

Seeing WALK THE MOON






On Friday night me and my lovely friend Evie had a lil adventure to Edinburgh to go see WALK THE MOON in concert. Previous Music Monday posts may have indicated that I am quite a big fan of theirs, so I was pretty darn excited when I found out they were coming to Scotland. 

When headed on the train down to Edinburgh and stopped at Pizza Hut for dinner beforehand. I was initially keen to try somewhere new because there's so many great eateries in Edinburgh, but it all overwhelmed us and Pizza Hut is never a bad choice. I got my usual Virtuous Veg pizza, while Evie opted for the BBQ Americano. Mmmhmm.

Then we set off for Queen's Hall. Doors opened at 7pm but the support act, Colony House, didn't actually start until 8 so we had some standing around to do. But Colony House were soo good! I'd definitely listen to their music again. 

At 9 WtM came out to 'The Circle of Life', and everyone went crazy. They played a whole mix of new and old songs, and naturally everybody was particularly enthused when they started playing Shut Up And Dance. Nick also did this beautiful speech in the middle of the show about releasing all of the negative energy in your life and channelling it through music, then told us to let it all out while they played I Can Lift a Car. It was such a beautiful moment and so inspiring.

Luckily the concert ended at 10.30pm so we didn't have to rush off early to catch our train; it was all very well-timed. It was such a happy concert and they sounded amazing. Everybody was having such a great time and I'm so glad we went!

What's your favourite band?

Speak soon,

Chloe x